Montreal West K4K 2019
Once again, Montreal West Curling Club played host to a fantastic Kurling for Kids Event. With the participation of 24 teams playing over six draws, the club was hopping with excitement from 8:00 AM until the cleanup was completed by 9:30 PM. One of the highlights of the day was the visit of our resident mentor and K4K champion, Nacy Gallant, who wouldn’t miss a K4K event. Thanks for all your support Nacy.
The winners of the Curling portion of the day were:
First Place: Bryan O’Connor, Eric Dicaire, Nicolas Chabot, Michael Thibodeau, Sean Matera
Second Place: Jeremy Blackburn, Justin Blackburn, Richard Blackburn, Sarah Brisson
Third Place: Marc David, Sophie Belanger, Brian Riordan, Gary Morrison
A number of Thank You’s are required for all of the volunteers who contributed their time and effort to make this a great event.
- A great lunch of grilled cheese sandwiches and hearty soup was served by Carla Russman and Bruce Blanchard who happily stepped in to help at the last minute
- Kari Parm who served drinks all day
- Anne Mitchell and the Montreal West Curling Club for providing the facilities
- Tiffany Blouin and her team of volunteers from Action Sport Physio for running the pre-game stretches and being available for consultations throughout the day
- Pâtisserie de la Gare for donating freshly-baked croissants and cookies for players in the early draw
- Everyone who sold tickets for the dice game
- St-Raymond's Community Centre for lending their giant board games for all to enjoy
- Jamie Burnett for registration and envelope collection
- Jason Tock for scorekeeping and Mascot organization
- Cathy Hughes, Rob Williams and John Meredith for helping to coach the less-experienced teams
- Greg Kehoe, Mark Watson and everyone who helped with ice maintenance
- The great gang who pitched in to help set out all the place settings. This spirit of participation is what drives the entire K4K endeavour
- Trish Dempsey for creating the imaginative centerpieces that adorned the tables
- Algatom who provided the fantastic evening meal and dessert. I think everyone went home full and satisfied
- Everyone who helped with the teardown and cleanup. It went fast with all the help
- John Stone for organization and leadership of the entire event.
The real winners of this event are the Children who benefit from the medical equipment purchased with the monies raised from this event.
Finally, we hope that everyone will be back with a renewed vigor to raise even more money next year!
Montreal West K4K Organizers - John Stone, Nacy Gallant and Mark Watson